Friday, December 5, 2014

So this is how its going to be...

It was almost a year ago that I wrote the last blog post here.  It is now almost Christmas again as I am about to write the next.  It is the time of year when the evenings get longer, the holidays get closer, and somehow I find some time to mess around with fun projects.  I am about to make a nice long writeup about the latest one - a Raspberry Pi Ceph cluster.  You don't know what that is?  No worries. Few do, and even after I am done posting video and explanation, that number what shift much.  Mostly because few care.  But I hope those few will find it awesome.

I was hoping to post pictures here as I travel.  I have not.  Not because I don't travel, or because I don't have awesome pictures, but because the opposite is true.  I do travel too much, and it takes much more time to curate pictures than to take them.  So even though I have thousands of pictures from interesting places around the world, I never get around to post them.  Maybe I will make a short series of posts around Christmas going over the various destinations I visited.

So consider the dust brushed, and expect a post or two over the upcoming week as I finalize and share my awesome (and not extremely practical) distributed Raspberry Pi / Ceph based SAN.